Helping Keep The Gillingham Community Local
Fri June 5, 2020
- Coronavirus: Folkestone care home owner seeks inquiry over deaths - Roger Waluube, who runs the Pelham House care home, said the sector had been abandoned.
- Coronavirus: Local councils face 'significant' deficits - Councils in Kent and Medway say the effects of coronavirus have left their budgets £245m short.
- Teen stuck at home instead of starting at Royal Ballet - James Large was the only male British dancer to be offered a contract at the Royal Ballet this year.
- Grosser Kurfürst: 19th Century warship wreck off Kent protected - The SMS Grosser Kurfürst sank off the Kent coast when it was rammed by a fellow German ship.
Avoid Your Home Flooding
Posted by Administrator : Monday 11th March 2013
BE PREPARED OR AT LEAST HAVE YOUR ARM BANDS READY. Flooding can be devastating for home owners but some simple tips could prevent heartbreaking and costly repairs. It is important that you understand about your property and local areas, so you can be aware of any potential flooding problems in the future.
Top Flooding Prevention Tips
• Move costly possessions and important documents
• Protect furnishings
• Stock up with Sandbags
• Protect irreplaceable
• List useful contacts
• Pack a flood kit
• Keep informed
Floods can arrive without warning making it is so important you are prepared.