Helping Keep The Gillingham Community Local
Wed October 20, 2021
- 'World War One trench' recreated in Kent woodland - Designed by historian Andy Robertshaw, the trench aims to educate children and modern soldiers.
- Dungeness B: Safety reassessed at nuclear power station - EDF Energy Nuclear Generation Ltd must make improvements after damage to equipment during testing.
- Southeastern and Avanti West Coast trains severely disrupted - Urgent track repairs are affecting services between Kent and Sussex, and London Charing Cross.
- Migrant crossings: More than 800 migrants cross Channel in three days - More than 19,400 people have crossed from France to England in small boats so far this year.
Avoid Your Home Flooding
Posted by Administrator : Monday 11th March 2013
BE PREPARED OR AT LEAST HAVE YOUR ARM BANDS READY. Flooding can be devastating for home owners but some simple tips could prevent heartbreaking and costly repairs. It is important that you understand about your property and local areas, so you can be aware of any potential flooding problems in the future.
Top Flooding Prevention Tips
• Move costly possessions and important documents
• Protect furnishings
• Stock up with Sandbags
• Protect irreplaceable
• List useful contacts
• Pack a flood kit
• Keep informed
Floods can arrive without warning making it is so important you are prepared.