Helping Keep The Gillingham Community Local
Wed November 13, 2019
- Drone flights banned near Dover port amid security fears - Officials say the ban, intended to protect "critical infrastructure", is a first for a sea port.
- General election 2019: Jo Swinson insists there will be no deals with Labour - The Lib Dem leader rejects calls to stand down candidates to avoid splitting the anti-Brexit vote.
- Ex-Armed Forces head Lord Bramall dies aged 95 - The Normandy veteran commanded the land forces in the 1970s, before becoming chief of general staff.
- General election 2019: Your questions about the South East - We want to hear what questions voters in the South East have about the general election.
Avoid Your Home Flooding
Posted by Administrator : Monday 11th March 2013
BE PREPARED OR AT LEAST HAVE YOUR ARM BANDS READY. Flooding can be devastating for home owners but some simple tips could prevent heartbreaking and costly repairs. It is important that you understand about your property and local areas, so you can be aware of any potential flooding problems in the future.
Top Flooding Prevention Tips
• Move costly possessions and important documents
• Protect furnishings
• Stock up with Sandbags
• Protect irreplaceable
• List useful contacts
• Pack a flood kit
• Keep informed
Floods can arrive without warning making it is so important you are prepared.