Helping Keep The Gillingham Community Local
Mon April 22, 2019
- Motorcyclist arrested over Rye crash biker death - Two people in a car were taken to hospital with back injuries following the crash.
- UK weather: Hottest day of the year, says Met Office - And the UK is set for record-breaking temperatures over the rest of the Easter weekend.
- Extinction Rebellion: Met Police asks for 200 extra officers - The Met, which has requested 200 extra officers, clears Extinction Rebellion from Oxford Circus.
- Teachers face weekly violence from pupils, says survey - Many more say verbal abuse is part of daily working life, a teachers' union survey finds.
Avoid Your Home Flooding
Posted by Administrator : Monday 11th March 2013
BE PREPARED OR AT LEAST HAVE YOUR ARM BANDS READY. Flooding can be devastating for home owners but some simple tips could prevent heartbreaking and costly repairs. It is important that you understand about your property and local areas, so you can be aware of any potential flooding problems in the future.
Top Flooding Prevention Tips
• Move costly possessions and important documents
• Protect furnishings
• Stock up with Sandbags
• Protect irreplaceable
• List useful contacts
• Pack a flood kit
• Keep informed
Floods can arrive without warning making it is so important you are prepared.