Helping Keep The Gillingham Community Local
Mon March 30, 2020
- Coronavirus: 'Decisive action' taken on rail contracts - Great Western Railway has a new three year deal and Southeastern has a new two year contract.
- Coronavirus: Will food supply fears see a rise in home-grown veg? - "Food insecurity" could cause a wave of first time horticulturalists, experts say.
- England's Big Picture: 23 - 29 March - Showcasing the best images sent to us from around England.
- Coronavirus: Supermarket shoppers 'keep calm' and queue - How are customers responding to the new supermarket etiquette of social distancing?
Avoid Your Home Flooding
Posted by Administrator : Monday 11th March 2013
BE PREPARED OR AT LEAST HAVE YOUR ARM BANDS READY. Flooding can be devastating for home owners but some simple tips could prevent heartbreaking and costly repairs. It is important that you understand about your property and local areas, so you can be aware of any potential flooding problems in the future.
Top Flooding Prevention Tips
• Move costly possessions and important documents
• Protect furnishings
• Stock up with Sandbags
• Protect irreplaceable
• List useful contacts
• Pack a flood kit
• Keep informed
Floods can arrive without warning making it is so important you are prepared.