Helping Keep The Gillingham Community Local
Thu February 21, 2019
- Power cut affects Margate's QEQM Hospital emergency unit - Patients were asked not to visit the emergency department until power was restored at 23:00 GMT.
- HMS Warwick World War Two sinking remembered 75 years on - Sixty-six sailors died when the ship was hit by a torpedo from a Nazi U-boat off Cornwall in 1944.
- Third man jailed after Sittingbourne mobile home fire - William Smith Snr admitted violent disorder and recklessly destroying or damaging property.
- Iranian migrant tells of 'miracle' boat rescue in Channel - An Iranian civil engineer says he thought he would die as waves battered a dinghy in the English Channel.
Avoid Your Home Flooding
Posted by Administrator : Monday 11th March 2013
BE PREPARED OR AT LEAST HAVE YOUR ARM BANDS READY. Flooding can be devastating for home owners but some simple tips could prevent heartbreaking and costly repairs. It is important that you understand about your property and local areas, so you can be aware of any potential flooding problems in the future.
Top Flooding Prevention Tips
• Move costly possessions and important documents
• Protect furnishings
• Stock up with Sandbags
• Protect irreplaceable
• List useful contacts
• Pack a flood kit
• Keep informed
Floods can arrive without warning making it is so important you are prepared.