Helping Keep The Gillingham Community Local
Tue August 20, 2019
- Lucas Dobson: River Stour search for missing boy enters fourth day - Search teams looking for Lucas Dobson ask volunteers to stay away as their focus turns to the river.
- One in five inmates taking drugs at HMP Elmley in Kent - An inspection finds 22% of inmates at HMP Elmley in Kent test positive for illegal drug use.
- Wildcats litter: The new arrivals giving hope for the species' survival - A litter of four wildcat kittens has been born at an animal park near Canterbury
- Lyminge church dig reveals details of early Christianity - A team from the University of Reading is excavating a site within a medieval Kent churchyard.
Avoid Your Home Flooding
Posted by Administrator : Monday 11th March 2013
BE PREPARED OR AT LEAST HAVE YOUR ARM BANDS READY. Flooding can be devastating for home owners but some simple tips could prevent heartbreaking and costly repairs. It is important that you understand about your property and local areas, so you can be aware of any potential flooding problems in the future.
Top Flooding Prevention Tips
• Move costly possessions and important documents
• Protect furnishings
• Stock up with Sandbags
• Protect irreplaceable
• List useful contacts
• Pack a flood kit
• Keep informed
Floods can arrive without warning making it is so important you are prepared.