Helping Keep The Gillingham Community Local
Wed June 19, 2019
- Eastbourne sees 1,000 lightning strikes in one hour - The skies above Eastbourne were lit up for about an hour.
- 'Iraqi and Iranian migrants' found in English Channel - A group of men, women and children were intercepted by Border Force near the Kent coast.
- 'Money mules': Rising numbers are in middle age - Increasing numbers of people aged between 41 and 60 are being recruited by criminals to launder money.
- Parish council tax bills rise 'to save services from cuts' - BBC analysis found 45 parishes more than doubled their levy on the Band D council tax for 2019-20.
Avoid Your Home Flooding
Posted by Administrator : Monday 11th March 2013
BE PREPARED OR AT LEAST HAVE YOUR ARM BANDS READY. Flooding can be devastating for home owners but some simple tips could prevent heartbreaking and costly repairs. It is important that you understand about your property and local areas, so you can be aware of any potential flooding problems in the future.
Top Flooding Prevention Tips
• Move costly possessions and important documents
• Protect furnishings
• Stock up with Sandbags
• Protect irreplaceable
• List useful contacts
• Pack a flood kit
• Keep informed
Floods can arrive without warning making it is so important you are prepared.