Helping Keep The Gillingham Community Local
Mon December 10, 2018
- Man appears in court charged with Broadstairs baby murder - Baby McKenzie Ellis was admitted to hospital on 23 July with injuries and died three days later.
- Sophie Cavanagh murder: 'Jealous' man jailed for strangling wife - An estranged wife refused to sleep with her husband "one last time" for £100 before he attacked her.
- Maidstone schoolgirls take to weightlifting - Weightlifting proves popular with girls at a school in Maidstone, Kent.
- Former popstar takes a Kent river walk - Former JLS-singer-turned-farmer JB Gill walks the River Stour in Kent as part of the River Walks series - appreciating the wellbeing walking gives you...
Avoid Your Home Flooding
Posted by Administrator : Monday 11th March 2013
BE PREPARED OR AT LEAST HAVE YOUR ARM BANDS READY. Flooding can be devastating for home owners but some simple tips could prevent heartbreaking and costly repairs. It is important that you understand about your property and local areas, so you can be aware of any potential flooding problems in the future.
Top Flooding Prevention Tips
• Move costly possessions and important documents
• Protect furnishings
• Stock up with Sandbags
• Protect irreplaceable
• List useful contacts
• Pack a flood kit
• Keep informed
Floods can arrive without warning making it is so important you are prepared.